Waratah 623C Harvester Head Built for the Toughest Conditions
MOLINE, Illinois (March 3, 2010) — Waratah introduces the new HTH623C harvester head, with large, high-torque feed motors that provide an optimal balance of delimbing power and feed speed.
Designed for stump-to-stump harvesting or processing at a landing, this head is built to perform with a 25-ton carrier and is a good match for Waratah’s global customer base.
"The HTH623C's hydraulic design, with high-flow characteristics combined with low-pressure drop, provides increased performance and efficiencies in some of the most demanding applications," said Brad Mrozinski, Product Marketing Manager.
Customer-inspired updates and real-world testing were core to the design of the HTH623C.
"The HTH623C, like all new Waratah head designs, went through thousands of hours of customer testing with actual loggers on real logging sites around the globe," said Mrozinski.
Several of the features found on the HTH623C, including the heavy-duty rotator, are shared with the larger Waratah models.
The HTH623C also has the following features:
- Double-tilt down stops to decrease frame stress and increase frame durability.
- A fixed-center drive motor eliminates the need to grease the hub — for reduced downtime and lower maintenance costs.
- A new center-drive wheel option centers the tree on the head, and provides improved surface contact with the stem for more efficient processing.
- The saw box is designed to handle butt flare and low stump height to get the most log in harvesting operations.
- An improved find-end sensor position — reduces sawdust contamination and decreases downtime to clean the sensor.
- Valve and valve cover changes — that improve access and serviceability, decreasing time and effort spent on maintenance for increased uptime.
- Reduced exposure of hoses, which decreases the number and frequency of hose changes for lower operating costs and decreased downtime.
About Waratah Forestry Attachments
Waratah Forestry Attachments is a pioneer in the forestry attachment business, with a 30-year legacy of innovation, advanced technology and outstanding value for its customers around the world. Waratah is also the world’s largest forestry attachment manufacturer, making industry-leading harvester heads, harvester-booms, forwarder-booms, and harvester control- and measuring-systems.